Saturday, October 23, 2010
My first try at heavy distressing
After making several signs and only doing a small amount of distressing, I decided to try something different. Donna, from Funky Junk Interior did a tutorial on how she makes old signs. You can see her's here. I had to give it a try. The base coat of paint looks blue, but it is gray paint I made by mixing black and white. Lesson 1: it doesn't take much black paint to make gray(the color in the picture actually looks blue). I didn't completely cover the surface. Then I came back with a haphazard coat of Barn Red, again not completely covering the surface. I stenciled the design on and then attacked it with my palm sander. It looks okay from a distance so I think for awhile it will reside on top of my kitchen cabinets.
I'm linking to Funk Junk Interior SNS
Thanks for stopping by!
Posted by Kathy at 5:15 PM