Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My First tile with vinyl

After 2 weeks of total frustration, about 3 yards of wasted vinyl, it's all starting to come together. I never thought I would get the settings to where it would work. Most people are using 3 for pressure and 3 for blade depth, but I had to go with 6 for blade depth and 2 for pressure to get that kiss cut. It made all the difference in the world. Weeding is now so easy. Hopefully, my frustration on trying to learn inkscape will not last so long. This particular design was purchased from Thanks for looking

Scrapbook layout of my grandson Bobby

I made this layout for a contest at a local scrapbooking store. The picture of my grandson had an old world feel to that's what I tried to go with. The paper is all Graphic 45 .Communique collection, the corrogated cardboard pieces were torn from an old box and inked up. The chipboard letters have been in my stash for years and just about everything else is Tim Holtz. I received a phone call last night telling me I won first place. I was pretty excited. The prize is the Cricut Create.

An altered letter

I altered this paper mache letter using Graphic 45 Jack and Jill, from the playtime past collection. Graphic 45 has become my most favorite paper. This was a real simple project, using mod podge and adding a few buttons and a tag from the same paper line. Thanks for stopping by!