Sunday, June 13, 2010

A curbside rescue

About a month ago when I was driving home from work, I noticed a neighbor had put a dining room chair out for the trash.  From what I could see, there was nothing wrong with the chair other than the very 1970’s unattractive covering on the seat cushion. So, I waited for dark, walked outside and made sure no one was watching as I made my way to the chair and quickly carried it home.  My daughter referred to this as dumpster diving. I was not about to let some young whippersnapper deter me from my plan. I first scrubbed it down, primed it then painted it heirloom white and distressed the heck out of it.  I kinda got carried away with the distressing, but it was so much fun! Ultimately, I decided to go another route and painted it black, and NO DISTRESSING. I had originally planned to paint the design on the fabric I was going to cover the seat with.  I cut the design on freezer paper, but then I could not figure out how to transfer the freezer paper from the Cricut  mat and keep it  intact  so I decided to use iron on vinyl.

TOTAL COST OF THIS PROJECT 1 CAN OF SPRAY PAINT, I had everything else! I had taken a picture of the chair when I first brought it home, but the picture was mistakenly deleted from my camera.  Just picture ugly

No comments:

Post a Comment